Head of People
TrueLayer’s People team is responsible for hiring, engaging and nurturing some of the best talent from around world, all unified around the mission of powering the new era of financial innovation. As we head into a period of ambitious scaling up across new markets and geographies, the People function will be a central part of this strategy.
We're looking for a visionary Head of People to oversee both the Talent Acquisition and People Operations functions. Our Head of People must be a proven leader who can help us shape these functions, develop long-term roadmaps for both functions as we grow, and actively motivate and develop the people within these two functions.
Our Head of People will have the opportunity to write the playbook on how we hire and develop talent. In light of our recent Series-C funding, and upcoming European Union and global expansion, our Head of People will have a tangible impact on hiring practices, employee experience and TrueLayer’s culture.
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we build universal APIs that allow companies to access the financial data of their customers and facilitate direct bank payments, securely, reliably and efficiently.
Headquartered in London, we’re a small team of talented, creative problem-solvers who are working hard to build the most innovative financial technology possible. To date, we’ve raised $47M from investors like Tencent, Temasek, Northzone, Anthemis, and Connect Ventures.
Our long term vision is to power the next era of financial innovation, and our short term mission is to grow the Open Banking economy.
And, we’re just getting started.
As our Head of People, you will:
- Lead both the people operations and recruiting operations functions;
- Partner with the Leadership team to help shape the culture of TrueLayer;
- Develop a long term strategic roadmap of both functions;
- Mentor, manage, and develop a team of five individuals within both functions;
- Collaborate with other functions to advise on training, talent development, and continuous learning tools and systems;
- Develop metrics that aid the Leadership team to make company decisions;
- Own our performance framework and iterate on it as we grow as an organisation;
- Create and oversee fair compensation & benefits practices;
- Own and manage the People budget;
- Grow inclusion & diversity initiatives.
- Monitor employee voice - surveying employee happiness and using actionable insights to create the best environment possible;
- Centre knowledge on employment law and best practices;
What we need from you:
- 10+ years in a people first function in a high growth company;
- Experience leading global teams across multiple geographies;
- A passion for growing organisations, and maintaining culture across growth;
- Ideas that change the way we work, as we grow and evolve;
- A people first, company second attitude - we firmly believe and value the people that work at TrueLayer; their well being and happiness, takes precedence over company equilibrium;
- An understanding of working in hyper growth organisations and an ability to handle the bandwidth that comes with that.
Nice to haves:
- Experience in a Financial Technology company;
- Experience in a hyper growth technology startup.
What you can expect from us:
As well as working alongside other friendly, passionate and talented people, you’ll also get:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company
- A lovely, spacious, natural light filled office in Clerkenwell with fully stocked kitchen and shower 🏢
- 🥗🍝Team lunches on Friday 🍕🍔
- Flexible work and hours - we all work at home, or elsewhere, from time to time ⌛
- Flexible holiday policy ✈️
- Generous parental leave 👩👩👦
- An employer sponsored pension 👴🏾
- Vitality Health Insurance from day 1⚕️
- Learning & development allowance 📚
- Annual retreat 🏖️
- Regular socials 💃🏽
- Choice of hardware 💻
- (and yes we have a ping pong table 🏓)
Be your True(Layer) self at work
At TrueLayer, we choose to talk about Inclusion and Diversity [in that specific order] because we believe Diversity won’t be successful without Inclusion first.
We value our people. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. And we feel comfortable voicing a contrary opinion. We build teams, cultivate leaders and create a company that’s the right fit for every person in it.
As we go global, we want our team to reflect the diverse and multicultural world we live in.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note - we do not accept applications from recruitment agencies. Thanks!