Head of Marketing
TrueLayer’s Marketing team is our voice in the world. It crafts our brand and tone, and defines how we tell our story. In this new, fast-moving financial ecosystem, TrueLayer has provided developers a beautiful, unified API platform to abstract from the complexity of OpenBanking. How we tell this story will play a vital part in how TrueLayer works towards its’ vision to power the new era of financial innovation.
As our Head of Marketing and the first member of the team, you’ll set up our strategy, roll up your sleeves to execute on it, and be empowered to build and scale the entire function. You’ll combine your strategic growth mindset with a creative approach to become a leader and doer who collaborates with Design, Sales, Design, Product, Operations, and Engineering.
We’ll give you the chance to write the playbook on how TrueLayer reaches and interacts with customers. In light of our upcoming European Union and global expansion, our Head of Marketing will play a pivotal role in the footprint we leave in the OpenBanking ecosystem.
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we build universal APIs that allow companies to access the financial data of their customers and facilitate direct bank payments, securely, reliably and efficiently.
Headquartered in London, we’re a small team of talented, creative problem-solvers who are working hard to build the most innovative financial technology possible. To date, we’ve raised $47M from investors like Tencent, Temasek, Northzone, Anthemis, and Connect Ventures.
Our long term vision is to power the next era of financial innovation, and our short term mission is to grow the Open Banking economy.
And, we’re just getting started.
As our Head of Marketing, you will:
- Roll up your sleeves to ideate, design, and execute a comprehensive marketing strategy;
- Hire, scale and grow the marketing team;
- Foster, promote, and develop our inclusion & diversity initiatives, and thus ensuring the marketing function has a proportionate number of men and women including those from minority backgrounds;
- Coordinate, organise and manage the team’s activity;
- Create engaging and innovative content;
- Build and launch our events and community marketing strategy - create inspiring and compelling campaigns, events, resources and experiences that demonstrate how TrueLayer’s products can help our clients;
- Work closely with the Growth team to understand our different audiences - developers, startups, scale-ups, corporates and banks;
- Generate leads and accelerate our sales pipeline;
- Be responsible marketing programs such as direct mail campaigns, webinars, partner activities, content marketing, account-based marketing and industry events;
- Be responsible for tracking, measuring and communicating program results.
What we need from you:
- 7-10 years of B2B and B2C marketing experience;
- Demonstrate a track record and passion for generating innovative content and campaigns that exceed target goals;
- Have a good understanding of developers and B2B platforms;
- Communicate complex topics with simplicity and clarity, and communicate powerful stories to drive demand and support sales;
- Be resourceful, creative and dedicated to achieving operational and creative excellence;
- Be able to work and adapt in a changing and technical industry and work environment;
- Be data driven - use data to measure success and make decisions;
- Have superb organisation and project management skills and the ability to work on and manage multiple complex projects at once;
- Have proven leadership ability and effectiveness working collaboratively and cross functionally.
Nice to haves:
- Previous experience working for developer oriented companies;
- Familiarity with technical concepts and API products;
- Experience working in a hyper growth and best in class startup.
What you can expect from us:
As well as working alongside other friendly, passionate and talented people, you’ll also get:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company
- A lovely, spacious, natural light filled office in Clerkenwell with fully stocked kitchen and shower 🏢
- 🥗🍝Team lunches on Friday 🍕🍔
- Flexible work and hours - we all work at home, or elsewhere, from time to time ⌛
- Flexible holiday policy ✈️
- Generous parental leave 👩👩👦
- An employer sponsored pension 👴🏾
- Vitality Health Insurance from day 1⚕️
- Learning & development allowance 📚
- Annual retreat 🏖️
- Regular socials 💃🏽
- Choice of hardware 💻
- (and yes we have a ping pong table 🏓)
Be your True(Layer) self at work
At TrueLayer, we choose to talk about Inclusion and Diversity [in that specific order] because we believe Diversity won’t be successful without Inclusion first.
We value our people. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. And we feel comfortable voicing a contrary opinion. We build teams, cultivate leaders and create a company that’s the right fit for every person in it.
As we go global, we want our team to reflect the diverse and multicultural world we live in.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note - we do not accept applications from recruitment agencies. Thanks!