TrueLayer’s Backend Engineers are the backbone of our products. We count on our backend engineering team to build an API platform that developers love using to connect their applications to banking infrastructure. They deliver pioneering products that are fixing the fragmented complexity of financial infrastructure, helping thousands of developers build products serving hundreds of thousands of users.
We’re looking for visionary software engineers who see the big picture of where financial technology is headed. We want our engineers to be passionate about solving problems with an exceptionally high engineering quality, as we continue in our journey to move financial technology forward.
We’ll give you the chance to quickly gain familiarity with a range of exciting technologies including NodeJS and .NET Core to write our API code, Docker and Kubernetes to schedule and run our services, AWS for our infrastructure, ElasticSearch, Redis and more - the best tool for the job wins.
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we build universal APIs that allow companies to access the financial data of their customers and facilitate direct bank payments, securely, reliably and efficiently.
Headquartered in London, we’re a small team of talented, creative problem-solvers who are working hard to build the most innovative financial technology possible. To date, we’ve raised $47M from investors like Tencent, Temasek, Northzone, Anthemis, and Connect Ventures.
Our long term vision is to power the next era of financial innovation, and our short term mission is to grow the Open Banking economy.
And, we’re just getting started.
What you will do:
- Help design, build and maintain TrueLayer’s APIs, and deliver features that impact hundreds of thousands of users;
- Collaborate with other Engineers, Product Managers, Designers, and CSMs to improve the TrueLayer experience for our users - your fellow developers;
- Use Docker and Kubernetes to ship rapidly and regularly to production - we don’t wait around -when it’s ready, we ship it;
- Take ownership of improving our tooling - if you think something can be improved with a tool, you’re not afraid to build it;
- Optimise our engineering processes and ultimately, our products;
- Help build a world-class engineering team, while contributing to the company’s culture, making TrueLayer an exceptional place to work.
We’re looking for people who:
- Have 2+ years of experience in a production environment solving complex problems at scale;
- Have knowledge and proficiency in at least one Object Oriented Programming Language - we would expect you to be working with any combination of C#, TypeScript, Golang, Python;
- Communicate effectively - you can speak in appropriate technical depth, back up your assertions with data, and you love proposing actionable solutions;
- Are thoroughly passionate about the products they build, and driven by empathy for the customer - you wouldn’t ship something that you wouldn’t use yourself;
- Have a hacker mentality - you love building tools to automate manual processes, and are always thinking of new ways to address common problems;
- Would be excited to work in an engineering team that collaborates, shares knowledge and empowers each other to succeed.
Nice to haves:
- You enjoy, and have experience, building APIs;
- You have exposure to Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, ElasticSearch, Redis and other new technologies. Even if not - you're keen to start working with them;
- You have startup experience during a hyper-growth phase.
What you need to send to us:
- A link to your LinkedIn or GitHub profile;
- How can TrueLayer help you achieve your professional/personal goals as an engineer?
What you can expect from us:
As well as working alongside other friendly, passionate and talented people, you’ll also get:
- Competitive salary (+ bonus) and meaningful equity in the company
- A lovely, spacious, natural light filled office in Clerkenwell 🏢
- 🥗🍝Team lunches on Friday 🍕🍔
- Flexible work and hours - we all work at home, or elsewhere, from time to time ⌛
- Flexible holiday policy ✈️
- Generous parental leave 👩👩👦
- An employer sponsored pension 👴🏾
- Vitality Health Insurance from day 1⚕️
- Learning & development allowance 📚
- Annual retreat 🏖️
- Regular socials 💃🏽
- Choice of hardware 💻
- (and yes we have a ping pong table 🏓)
Be your True(Layer) self at work
At TrueLayer, we choose to talk about Inclusion and Diversity [in that specific order] because we believe Diversity won’t be successful without Inclusion first.
We value our people. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. And we feel comfortable voicing a contrary opinion. We build teams, cultivate leaders and create a company that’s the right fit for every person in it.
As we go global, we want our team to reflect the diverse and multicultural world we live in.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note - we do not accept applications from recruitment agencies. Thanks!