Product Marketing Manager
TrueLayer is looking for its first Product Marketing Manager. Product Marketing is responsible for iterating, delivering and communicating the TrueLayer product experience with both the end users and the developers. Product Marketing is at the centre of cross-functional teams, and informs strategic decision making on product roadmap, propositions and marketing strategy, as well as tactically executing these strategies.
We’re looking for a well-organised and hands-on Product Marketer who sees the big picture of where financial technology is headed. Product Marketing at TrueLayer is all about collaborating with multiple stakeholders to coordinate meaningful products and features launches, developing propositions and ultimately, driving growth as we continue in our journey to push financial technology forward.
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we build universal APIs that allow companies to access the financial data of their customers and facilitate direct bank payments, securely, reliably and efficiently.
Headquartered in London, we’re a small team of talented, creative problem-solvers who are working hard to build the most innovative financial technology possible.
To date, we’ve raised $47M from investors like Tencent, Temasek, Northzone, Anthemis, and Connect Ventures.
Our long term vision is to power the next era of financial innovation, and our short term mission is to grow the Open Banking economy.
And, we’re just getting started.
As our Product Marketing Manager, you will:
- Identify and communicate unique product value propositions to drive adoption and demand of TrueLayer’s products;
- Analyse, develop and position competitive differentiation of our products;
- Plan and take ownership of new features and product launches;
- Establish TrueLayer’s products at the leading edge of the Open Banking/PSD2 space - whether you’re crafting compelling content for our blog, attending relevant developer-focused industry events or identifying emerging verticals where our products can add value;
- Co-ordinate with internal and external stakeholders to gather all the relevant information needed to guide our product roadmap and increase adoption;
- Closely monitor competitor products, identify growth opportunities and gaps to keep TrueLayer a step ahead of the market;
- Keep your finger on the pulse of emerging trends, technologies, and propositions across the FinTech landscape.
What we need from you:
- 4-6 years of experience in a similar role, ideally at a SaaS/product-first company.
- Be metrics-driven, with a passion for continuous refining, optimising and perfecting. Know what success looks like, and how to measure it.
- Leverage the power of data to inform decision making and to back up assertions.
- Love big picture thinking, and back it up with tactical, hands-on execution.
- Demonstrate a history of successful stakeholder management, ideally in an early-stage startup or a company undergoing significant growth.
- Have a solid understanding of TrueLayer’s Value Proposition - including knowledge of APIs, and the OpenBanking/PSD2 landscapes;
Nice to have:
- Specific experience in a FinTech company involved heavily in Payments or Data;
- Demonstrable success launching new product offerings, maybe even into a new international market;
What you can expect from us:
As well as working alongside other friendly, passionate and talented people, you’ll also get:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company
- A lovely, spacious, natural light filled office in Clerkenwell 🏢
- 🥗🍝Team lunches on Friday 🍕🍔
- Flexible work and hours - we all work at home, or elsewhere, from time to time ⌛
- Flexible holiday policy ✈️
- Generous parental leave 👩👩👦
- An employer sponsored pension 👴🏾
- Vitality Health Insurance from day 1⚕️
- Learning & development allowance 📚
- Annual retreat 🏖️
- Regular socials 💃🏽
- Choice of hardware 💻
- (and yes we have a ping pong table 🏓)
Be your True(Layer) self at work
At TrueLayer, we choose to talk about Inclusion and Diversity [in that specific order] because we believe Diversity won’t be successful without Inclusion first.
We value our people. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. And we feel comfortable voicing a contrary opinion. We build teams, cultivate leaders and create a company that’s the right fit for every person in it.
As we go global, we want our team to reflect the diverse and multicultural world we live in.
We look forward to hearing from you!