Technical Support Engineer
TrueLayer’s Client Care team is the voice of TrueLayer to our customers. We count on our technical support team to help developers use our product to build financial applications, as quickly, reliably and securely as possible.
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer who can help us fix bugs and provide mitigation for our clients promptly as well as help build a 5 star Fintech support platform by creating new ways to solving our clients problems. They must be client and solution focused and understand that each client’s needs are unique. Each ticket created by our clients is an opportunity for us to learn how to build better products.
This role is critical to the success of our Client Care team. Whilst you may be fixing some bugs you will also be helping us define how we service our clients in the future. The Technical Support Engineer will build a support product where we can get to the root cause of client issues in a faster manner.
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we build universal APIs that allow companies to access the financial data of their customers and facilitate direct bank payments, securely, reliably and efficiently.
Headquartered in London, we’re a small team of talented, creative problem-solvers who are working hard to build the most innovative financial technology possible. To date, we’ve raised $47M from investors like Tencent, Temasek, Northzone, Anthemis, and Connect Ventures.
Our long term vision is to power the next era of financial innovation, and our short term mission is to grow the Open Banking economy.
And, we’re just getting started.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will:
- Provide mitigation solutions by analysing logs and analysing code to better characterise client issues and determine workarounds;
- Use your product expertise to help users investigate, triage and resolve issues on Zendesk and email, while giving them the best user experience possible;
- Contribute to FAQs, internal and external documentation to drive understanding of our product;
- Work closely with teams in root cause analysis for our clients;
- Analyse trends for feedback, bugs and new ideas;
- Work closely with our engineering and product teams to perform root cause analysis for our clients and be the voice of the user to prioritise feature requests as well as improve quality of our products;
- Design, Implement and maintain internal tools for the Client Care team to increase efficiency.
What we need from you:
- Impeccable writing skills, with experience leading users through difficult problems to solutions;
- Strong analytical skills, and are able to explain how TrueLayer works to a wide range of audiences;
- A client-first attitude and the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical customers or colleagues;
- A willingness to learn and knowledge share;
- Be a mentor less technical colleagues;
- The ability to empathise with users and developers alike, and elevate their voice in internal decision making, helping us build a user-centric culture;
- An understanding of modern web services and APIs, and love learning about technical solutions;
- The knowledge of how to prioritise demands in a fast-paced environment.
- A hacker mentality: you are perfectly capable of understanding cryptography and fixing the coffee machine at the same time.
- Being part of a growing international team: you are actively thinking of ways to enhance our processes, our internal tools, and the way we work.
- Be available for some on-call work depending on severity of issues submit by clients.
Nice to haves:
- Experience providing technical/developer support at a technology company;
- Speak another European language (German, French, Spanish etc.)
What you can expect from us:
As well as working alongside other friendly, passionate and talented people, you’ll also get:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company
- A lovely, spacious, natural light filled office in Clerkenwell 🏢
- 🥗🍝Team lunches on Friday 🍕🍔
- Flexible work and hours - we all work at home, or elsewhere, from time to time ⌛
- Flexible holiday policy ✈️
- Generous parental leave 👩👩👦
- An employer sponsored pension 👴🏾
- Vitality Health Insurance from day 1⚕️
- Learning & development allowance 📚
- Annual retreat 🏖️
- Regular socials 💃🏽
- Choice of hardware 💻
- (and yes we have a ping pong table 🏓)
Be your True(Layer) self at work
At TrueLayer, we choose to talk about Inclusion and Diversity [in that specific order] because we believe Diversity won’t be successful without Inclusion first.
We value our people. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. And we feel comfortable voicing a contrary opinion. We build teams, cultivate leaders and create a company that’s the right fit for every person in it.
As we go global, we want our team to reflect the diverse and multicultural world we live in.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note - we do not accept applications from recruitment agencies. Thanks!