Experience Design at TrueLayer is the place where visionary designers, passionate developers, creative illustrators, dedicated QA testers and methodical PMs work together to build user centred omni-channel journeys. From our APIs interface to our website and developer console - there’s no problem that we can’t tackle at scale, with intuitive, bold and beautiful design.
We’re looking for a UX/UI Designer to articulate and develop all aspects of User Interface across our product offering. You will work at the heart of a cross-functional function spanning Product, Marketing and Engineering, to build products that are functional to use, beautiful to see, and solidly coded.
In return, TrueLayer’s UX/UI Designer will have the opportunity to gain familiarity with the latest tools, processes and technologies, as well using a brand new, cutting-edge Design System we’ve built in-house. In light of our upcoming European expansion, the challenges will be varied but their impact will be pivotal.
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we build universal APIs that allow companies to access the financial data of their customers and facilitate direct bank payments, securely, reliably and efficiently.
Headquartered in London, we’re a small team of talented, creative problem-solvers who are working hard to build the most innovative financial technology possible. To date, we’ve raised $47M from investors like Tencent, Temasek, Northzone, Anthemis, and Connect Ventures.
Our long term vision is to power the next era of financial innovation, and our short term mission is to grow the Open Banking economy.
And, we’re just getting started.
What you will do:
- Working in the Experience Design function, you’ll be embedded in one of 3 teams - User Experience, Developer Experience, and Marketing:
- Service team: focused on TrueLayer’s website, marketing materials and all things TrueLayer that are external-facing;
- Product team: focused on the user and developer experience, building interfaces and user journeys for our API products.
- Create wireframes, graphic mock-ups and prototypes;
- Transform mark-up graphic mock-ups into beautifully coded Front-end Product;
- Use our Design System and contribute to its documentation and evolution;
- Deal with markup, responsive design and browser limitations;
- Bring new insights to the team and find ways to implement them;
- Improve the efficiency and technical offering of our product and our development process;
- Stay current on trends and technologies related to desktop and mobile applications;
- Provide feedback and solutions to improve our products’ UX/UI.
We’re looking for people who:
- Have a portfolio consisting of at least 3 major projects, or several smaller ones;
- Have demonstrable proficiency with HTML/CSS and CSS Animation;
- Are proficient with Bootstrap, CSS grids and Flexbox;
- Are familiar with Git version control;
- Have expertise in using HTML to template newsletters;
- Are data-driven, and be able to back up your assertions with data;
- Are very evidently passionate about design - you regularly attend meetups, or maybe even blog about your work;
- Have a user-first attitude, and elevate their voice in internal decision making, to ensure we consistently deliver a user-centric culture;
- Are demonstrably able to solve problems of complexity through smart design;
Nice to haves:
- Previous experience in FinTech or Financial Services;
- Experience in a fast-growing startup
What you can expect from us:
As well as working alongside other friendly, passionate and talented people, you’ll also get:
- Competitive salary (+ bonus) and meaningful equity in the company
- A lovely, spacious, natural light filled office in Clerkenwell 🏢
- 🥗🍝Team lunches on Friday 🍕🍔
- Flexible work and hours - we all work at home, or elsewhere, from time to time ⌛
- Flexible holiday policy ✈️
- Generous parental leave 👩👩👦
- An employer sponsored pension 👴🏾
- Vitality Health Insurance from day 1⚕️
- Learning & development allowance 📚
- Annual retreat 🏖️
- Regular socials 💃🏽
- Choice of hardware 💻
- (and yes we have a ping pong table 🏓)
Be your True(Layer) self at work
At TrueLayer, we choose to talk about Inclusion and Diversity [in that specific order] because we believe Diversity won’t be successful without Inclusion first.
We value our people. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. And we feel comfortable voicing a contrary opinion. We build teams, cultivate leaders and create a company that’s the right fit for every person in it.
As we go global, we want our team to reflect the diverse and multicultural world we live in.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note - we do not accept applications from recruitment agencies. Thanks!