UI Designer at TrueLayer
TrueLayer’s UI Designer will be articulating and developing all aspects of User Interface across our product offering. You will work in our Experience Design team, at the heart of a cross-functional team spanning Marketing, Product, and Engineering, to build products that are functional to use, beautiful to see, and solidly written.
We’re looking for an ambitious, creative UI Designer who loves solving complex problems at scale with the power of intuitive, bold and beautiful design.
What We Do
At TrueLayer, we build universal APIs that allow companies to access the financial data of their customers, securely, reliably and efficiently.
Headquartered in London, we’re a small team of talented, creative problem-solvers who are working hard to build the most innovative financial technology possible. To date, we’ve raised $12.5m from investors including Northzone, Anthemis and Connect Ventures.
Our long term vision is to power the next era of financial innovation, and our short term mission is to grow the Open Banking economy.
And, we’re just getting started.
What you will do:
- Working in the Experience Design team, working on TrueLayer’s website, marketing materials and all things TrueLayer that are external-facing;
- Create wireframes, graphic mock-ups and prototypes;
- Transform mark-up graphic mock-ups into beautifully coded Front-end Product;
- Use our Design System and contribute to its documentation and evolution;
- Deal with markup, responsive design and browser limitations;
- Bring new insights to the team and find ways to implement them;
- Improve the efficiency and technical offering of our product and our development process;
- Stay current on trends and technologies related to desktop and mobile applications;
- Provide feedback and solutions to improve our products’ UX/UI.
We’re looking for people who:
- Have a portfolio consisting of at least 3 major projects, or several smaller ones;
- Have demonstrable proficiency with HTML/CSS and CSS Animation;
- Are proficient with Bootstrap, CSS grids and Flexbox;
- Are familiar with Git version control;
- Have expertise in using HTML to template newsletters;
- Are data-driven, and be able to back up your assertions with data;
- Are very evidently passionate about design - you regularly attend meetups, or maybe even blog about your work;
- Have a user-first attitude, and elevate their voice in internal decision making, to ensure we consistently deliver a user-centric culture;
- Are demonstrably able to solve problems of complexity through smart design;
Nice to haves:
- Previous experience in FinTech or Financial Services;
- Experience in a fast-growing startup