IT Engineer at TrueLayer
TrueLayer’s IT Operations team are central to the smooth operation of engineering and non-technical teams’ day-to-day activities. Working closely with colleagues in DevOps, Security and People Operations, our IT Operations team ensure we are equipped for any challenge, and empowered to succeed in our mission.
We’re looking for an ambitious IT Engineer who’s eager to take on the challenge of managing TrueLayer’s hardware assets, securing access to our infrastructure and upholding the integrity and availability of TrueLayer’s services and networks.
In return, we’ll give you the opportunity to learn from a world-class DevOps, Security and People Operations team and work with the latest tools and technologies. As we expand across new markets and physical geographies, the work you’ll do will have a central role in how we effectively onboard, efficiently manage and ultimate, empower current and future TrueLayeristas as we work towards our vision of empowering the new era of financial technology.
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we build universal APIs that allow companies to access the financial data of their customers and facilitate direct bank payments, securely, reliably and efficiently.
Headquartered in London, we’re a small team of talented, creative problem-solvers who are working hard to build the most innovative financial technology possible. To date, we’ve raised $47M from investors like Tencent, Temasek, Northzone, Anthemis, and Connect Ventures.
Our long term vision is to power the next era of financial innovation, and our short term mission is to grow the Open Banking economy.
And, we’re just getting started.
As our IT Engineer, you will:
- Manage TrueLayer’s IT assets, including laptops, digital dashboards and network equipment;
- Manage remote access to TrueLayer’s infrastructure;
- Provide technical support to engineers and non-technical colleagues;
- Drive organization-wide IT changes;
- Work closely with DevOps and Security to guarantee the availability, confidentiality and integrity of TrueLayer’s services;
- Provisioning and monitoring access to services;
- Audit systems and assess their outcomes;
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures.
What we need from you:
- Strong TCP/IP networking knowledge;
- Experience in managing Linux and MacOS systems ;
- Strong troubleshooting skills;
- Experience with enterprise asset management (ie: Active Directory or Jamf);
- A strong capacity and desire to learn.
Nice to haves:
- Basic experience with managing cloud platforms;
- Experience with Cisco networking devices;
- Cisco CCNA certification.
What you can expect from us:
As well as working alongside other friendly, passionate and talented people, you’ll also get:
- Competitive salary (+ bonus) and meaningful equity in the company
- A lovely, spacious, natural light filled office in Clerkenwell 🏢
- 🥗🍝Team lunches on Friday 🍕🍔
- Flexible work and hours - we all work at home, or elsewhere, from time to time ⌛
- Flexible holiday policy ✈️
- Generous parental leave 👩👩👦
- An employer sponsored pension 👴🏾
- Vitality Health Insurance from day 1⚕️
- Learning & development allowance 📚
- Annual retreat 🏖️
- Regular socials 💃🏽
- Choice of hardware 💻
- (and yes we have a ping pong table 🏓)
Be your True(Layer) self at work
At TrueLayer, we choose to talk about Inclusion and Diversity [in that specific order] because we believe Diversity won’t be successful without Inclusion first.
We value our people. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. And we feel comfortable voicing a contrary opinion. We build teams, cultivate leaders and create a company that’s the right fit for every person in it.
As we go global, we want our team to reflect the diverse and multicultural world we live in.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note - we do not accept applications from recruitment agencies. Thanks!