Head of Finance
TrueLayer’s Finance team is responsible for designing and executing our financial strategy, cost and revenue modelling, reporting and analysis of KPIs, product pricing models, strategic deal negotiations, accounting and tax reporting. As we head into a period of ambitious scaling up across new markets and geographies, the Finance function will be a central part of this strategy.
We're looking for an experienced, proven Head of Finance to oversee a multitude of new finance operations that we need to put in place. Our Head of Finance must be a proven leader who can help us shape these functions, develop long-term roadmaps for the broader finance function as we scale, and actively motivate and develop the people within this function.
While this role reports into our leadership team, the Head of Finance will have the opportunity to write the playbook on how we build out our finance functions. You will be the expert in the field, and we will take our direction from you. In light of our recent Series-C funding, and upcoming European Union and global expansion, our Head of Finance will have a tangible impact on how we develop our finance policies, strategy and framework for the foreseeable future.
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we build universal APIs that allow companies to access the financial data of their customers and facilitate direct bank payments, securely, reliably and efficiently.
Headquartered in London, we’re a small team of talented, creative problem-solvers who are working hard to build the most innovative financial technology possible. To date, we’ve raised $47M from investors like Tencent, Temasek, Northzone, Anthemis, and Connect Ventures.
Our long term vision is to power the next era of financial innovation, and our short term mission is to grow the Open Banking economy.
And, we’re just getting started.
As our Head of Finance, you will:
- Design and implement a finance function that can accommodate our rapid growth and international expansion;
- Develop a long term strategic roadmap of the finance function;
- Mentor, manage, and build a team for the long term viability of our organisation;
- Be a strategic partner to the company, the Leadership team and board, in order to make effective business decision;
- Develop reports, KPIs, metrics and financial controls to aid in company decision making and financial planning;
- Contribute to business strategy and advise on financial implications of new business ideas and investment decisions;
- Partner with the Leadership team to help shape the culture of TrueLayer;
- Work effectively across functions within the organisation to foster a financial conscious organisation;
- Foster, promote, and develop our inclusion & diversity initiatives, and thus ensuring this finance function has a proportionate number of men and women including those from minority backgrounds.
What we need from you:
- 10-12+ years in a finance function in a high growth company;
- Strong Ideas that change the way we work, as we grow and evolve;
- Great communication skills and the ability to communicate complex financial projects, simply;
- Proven ability to build relationships across all facets of an organisation and across all levels;
- Managerial experience: you lead by example, and love to empower your teammates to do their best work;
- Be passionate about seeing your teams growing and help them develop new skills and advance in their careers, in an environment that’s both challenging and supportive;
- A people first, company second attitude - we firmly believe and value the people that work at TrueLayer; their well being and happiness takes precedence over company equilibrium;
- An understanding of working in hyper growth organisations and an ability to handle the bandwidth that comes with that.
Nice to haves:
- Experience in a FinTech and/or SaaS company;
- Qualified accountant certification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CPA)
- Experience in a corporate or multinational.
What you can expect from us:
As well as working alongside other friendly, passionate and talented people, you’ll also get:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company
- A lovely, spacious, natural light filled office in Clerkenwell with fully stocked kitchen and shower 🏢
- 🥗🍝Team lunches on Friday 🍕🍔
- Flexible work and hours - we all work at home, or elsewhere, from time to time ⌛
- Flexible holiday policy ✈️
- Generous parental leave 👩👩👦
- An employer sponsored pension 👴🏾
- Vitality Health Insurance from day 1⚕️
- Learning & development allowance 📚
- Annual retreat 🏖️
- Regular socials 💃🏽
- Choice of hardware 💻
- (and yes we have a ping pong table 🏓)
Be your True(Layer) self at work
At TrueLayer, we choose to talk about Inclusion and Diversity [in that specific order] because we believe Diversity won’t be successful without Inclusion first.
We value our people. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. And we feel comfortable voicing a contrary opinion. We build teams, cultivate leaders and create a company that’s the right fit for every person in it.
As we go global, we want our team to reflect the diverse and multicultural world we live in.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note - we do not accept applications from recruitment agencies. Thanks!