Compliance Operations (Dublin)
TrueLayer’s Compliance Operation (ComplianceOps) team is integral to ensuring we implement a robust governance structure. We count on our Compliance Operations team to assist our product, sales, business operations, and legal teams to ensure adherence to those obligations. We’re looking for our first Compliance Ops team member in Dublin who will help us grow and scale our organisation there.
We’re looking for ambitious individuals who see the big picture of where financial technology is headed and how regulation aids that innovation. We want our Compliance Ops team to be passionate about our evolving jurisdictional and international compliance reach, as we continue in our journey to push financial technology forward.
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we build universal APIs that allow companies to access the financial data of their customers and facilitate direct bank payments, securely, reliably and efficiently.
Headquartered in London, we’re a small team of talented, creative problem-solvers who are working hard to build the most innovative financial technology possible. To date, we’ve raised $47M from investors like Tencent, Temasek, Northzone, Anthemis, and Connect Ventures.
Our long term vision is to power the next era of financial innovation, and our short term mission is to grow the Open Banking economy.
And, we’re just getting started.
As ComplianceOps, you will:
- work closely with our Chief Compliance Officer to build relationships with the CBI, EBA, and other national and international competent authorities;
- be the point of call for all product, sales and business operations teams for policy interpretation;
- attend lobby groups and industry trade organisation meetings representing TrueLayer;
- identify areas within policy that we can take advantage of to develop new products, or work in new jurisdictions;
- keep up to date with, and understand, relevant laws and regulations;
- help maintain our compliance monitoring program for appointed PSD Agents;
- work closely with your Compliance Operations Monitoring counterpart and build a culture of compliance within TrueLayer.
What we need from you:
- 5+ years experience in a compliance advisory based role;
- have working knowledge of PSD2, CBI Policy statements and EBA guidance;
- have experience working with customer facing, and revenue generating teams;
- work cross functionally well, and be adaptable to changing work priorities;
- work well under pressure, show initiative, enthusiasm and a problem-solving approach to new challenges;
- understand the difference between urgency and priority, and be able to plan accordingly;
- be a risk taker and decision maker;
- be able to translate complex policy speak into simple, tangible, practical ideas;
- be comfortable interacting with senior leaders, regulators and stakeholders;
- be ambitious and in due course, expect to lead a team.
Nice to haves:
- experience in technology or financial services, working in a similar role.
- knowledge of Open Banking, PSD2, PSR2017, EMR 2011, RTS-SCA.
What you can expect from us:
As well as working alongside other friendly, passionate and talented people, you’ll also get:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company
- A lovely, spacious, natural light filled office in Clerkenwell with fully stocked kitchen and shower 🏢
- 🥗🍝Team lunches on Friday 🍕🍔
- Flexible work and hours - we all work at home, or elsewhere, from time to time ⌛
- Flexible holiday policy ✈️
- Generous parental leave 👩👩👦
- An employer sponsored pension 👴🏾
- Vitality Health Insurance from day 1⚕️
- Learning & development allowance 📚
- Annual retreat 🏖️
- Regular socials 💃🏽
- Choice of hardware 💻
- (and yes we have a ping pong table 🏓)
Be your True(Layer) self at work
At TrueLayer, we choose to talk about Inclusion and Diversity [in that specific order] because we believe Diversity won’t be successful without Inclusion first.
We value our people. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. And we feel comfortable voicing a contrary opinion. We build teams, cultivate leaders and create a company that’s the right fit for every person in it.
As we go global, we want our team to reflect the diverse and multicultural world we live in.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note - we do not accept applications from recruitment agencies. Thanks!