Tech Lead - Data Connectivity
TrueLayer’s Connectivity team is responsible for orchestrating our ambitious international expansion plans. We’ve tackled Open Banking in the UK, and now our sights are set on building a unified API platform for data and payments in Europe and beyond.
Our Data Connectivity Tech Lead will be pivotal in building out TrueLayer’s reach across the globe. You’ll be developing highly scalable services for deployment in our elastic architecture; working with product to define our expansion roadmap; and assembling efficient and productive engineering teams.
A Tech Lead at TrueLayer is quickly given responsibility for strategic decision making, and freedom to use best-in-class tools and technologies to deliver solutions that will impact millions of end users. If you’re excited to help us build the future of global financial data, we want to hear from you!
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we build universal APIs that allow companies to access the financial data of their customers and facilitate direct bank payments, securely, reliably and efficiently.
Headquartered in London, we’re a small team of talented, creative problem-solvers who are working hard to build the most innovative financial technology possible. To date, we’ve raised $47M from investors like Tencent, Temasek, Northzone, Anthemis, and Connect Ventures.
Our long term vision is to power the next era of financial innovation, and our short term mission is to grow the Open Banking economy.
And, we’re just getting started.
As our Data Connectivity Tech Lead, you will:
- Design, build, and maintain TrueLayer’s connectivity stack; integrating with banks on a global scale;
- Architect the future of TrueLayer’s services - put scalability and future growth at the heart of everything you do;
- thinking big and taking a step back when current designs don’t scale for magnitudes of growth;
- Encourage and adopt best engineering practices;
- Lead technical teams by example: coaching; code reviews; and shipping nothing but well-tested, maintainable code;
- Collaborate on the product roadmap with internal and external customers;
- Contribute to our existing culture and help to make TrueLayer an exceptional workplace.
What we need from you:
- Experience building APIs;
- A mastery of C#, Java or another mature OO language;
- A strong product mindset, putting the customer at the heart of what you’re building;
- Experience leading technical projects;
- A history of mentoring and coaching other engineers.
Nice to haves:
- Experience designing and operating elastic micro-service architectures;
- Familiarity using gRPC in event-driven systems.
What you can expect from us:
As well as working alongside other friendly, passionate and talented people, you’ll also get:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company
- A lovely, spacious, natural light filled office in Clerkenwell with fully stocked kitchen and shower 🏢
- 🥗🍝Team lunches on Friday 🍕🍔
- Flexible work and hours - we all work at home, or elsewhere, from time to time ⌛
- Flexible holiday policy ✈️
- Generous parental leave 👩👩👦
- An employer sponsored pension 👴🏾
- Vitality Health Insurance from day 1⚕️
- Learning & development allowance 📚
- Annual retreat 🏖️
- Regular socials 💃🏽
- Choice of hardware 💻
- (and yes we have a ping pong table 🏓)
Be your True(Layer) self at work
At TrueLayer, we choose to talk about Inclusion and Diversity [in that specific order] because we believe Diversity won’t be successful without Inclusion first.
We value our people. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. And we feel comfortable voicing a contrary opinion. We build teams, cultivate leaders and create a company that’s the right fit for every person in it.
As we go global, we want our team to reflect the diverse and multicultural world we live in.
We look forward to hearing from you!