Product Manager - Payments
TrueLayer’s Product team help build innovative products and functionalities for the success of our customer. We count on our product team to collaborate with our engineering, design, sales, growth and support functions to build world class products that can re-define how applications access bank infrastructure.
We’re looking for ambitious individuals who see the big picture of where financial technology is headed. A Product Manager at TrueLayer must be able to sort out and manage complexity, and be obsessed with the smallest of the details.
You will own the challenge of delivering truly innovative solutions in an industry ripe for disruption. We are at the beginning of the Open Banking revolution, and you will help transform how businesses and consumers move money around the world.
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we build universal APIs that allow companies to access the financial data of their customers and facilitate direct bank payments, securely, reliably and efficiently.
Headquartered in London, we’re a small team of talented, creative problem-solvers who are working hard to build the most innovative financial technology possible. To date, we’ve raised $47M from investors like Tencent, Temasek, Northzone, Anthemis, and Connect Ventures.
Our long term vision is to power the next era of financial innovation, and our short term mission is to grow the Open Banking economy.
And, we’re just getting started.
What you will do:
- Launch innovative products which enable our customers to revolutionise their markets;
- Design and execute our payments product strategy;
- Shape the payments roadmap based on customer feedback and understanding of the evolving business, regulatory and technology environment affecting payments;
- Identify opportunities and be able to advocate for new features with first principle and quantitative approaches;
- Work with a cross-functional team including engineering, operations, compliance and legal to deliver payments product features;
- Work with marketing and sales to ensure that the product proposition is clear and customers are successful in their implementation and use of the product;
- Engage with customers and partners to work on new propositions for payments capabilities;
- Work with the leadership team in executing strategic goals and initiatives.
We’re looking for people who:
- Have at least 3 years’ experience, including successful launch, growth and optimisation of at least one product;
- Are able to collaborate effectively with our engineering team at a technical and emotional level;
- Are customer focused - we exist to build products that solve problems for our customers;
- Think big, but are able to execute on a granular level;
- Have initiative, and a track record of delivering in an environment of uncertainty;
- Collaborate effectively with stakeholders, both internal and external, to turn ideas into actionable points and ultimately ship products;
- Are data driven - you are able to quantify the value you add to customers;
- Can communicate for understanding, presenting complex concepts clearly for diverse audiences.
Nice to haves:
- Engineering experience using APIs;
- Have experience building products in the payments ecosystem;
- Have an ambition to innovate in the payments space.
What you can expect from us:
As well as working alongside other friendly, passionate and talented people, you’ll also get:
- Competitive salary (+ bonus) and meaningful equity in the company
- A lovely, spacious, natural light filled office in Clerkenwell 🏢
- 🥗🍝Team lunches on Friday 🍕🍔
- Flexible work and hours - we all work at home, or elsewhere, from time to time ⌛
- Flexible holiday policy ✈️
- Generous parental leave 👩👩👦
- An employer sponsored pension 👴🏾
- Vitality Health Insurance from day 1⚕️
- Learning & development allowance 📚
- Annual retreat 🏖️
- Regular socials 💃🏽
- Choice of hardware 💻
- (and yes we have a ping pong table 🏓)
Be your True(Layer) self at work
At TrueLayer, we choose to talk about Inclusion and Diversity [in that specific order] because we believe Diversity won’t be successful without Inclusion first.
We value our people. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. And we feel comfortable voicing a contrary opinion. We build teams, cultivate leaders and create a company that’s the right fit for every person in it.
As we go global, we want our team to reflect the diverse and multicultural world we live in.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note - we do not accept applications from recruitment agencies. Thanks!