Sales Development at TrueLayer
TrueLayer’s Sales Development team is responsible for the entire sales cycle of our customers. We rely on our Sales Development team to ensure our customers are given world-class service with the utmost trust and diligence, and to create an experience of using TrueLayer’s products which exceeds their expectations.
We’re looking for an ambitious individual who sees the big picture of where financial technology is headed. We want our Sales Development team to be passionate about solving our clients’ problems with exceptionally high analytical quality and promptness, as we continue in our journey to power the new era of financial innovation.
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we build universal APIs that allow companies to access the financial data of their customers and facilitate direct bank payments, securely, reliably and efficiently.
Headquartered in London, we’re a small team of talented, creative problem-solvers who are working hard to build the most innovative financial technology possible. To date, we’ve raised $47M from investors like Tencent, Temasek, Northzone, Anthemis, and Connect Ventures.
Our long term vision is to power the next era of financial innovation, and our short term mission is to grow the Open Banking economy.
And, we’re just getting started.
As Sales Development, you will:
- Manage all the inbound sales channels and convert leads to customers;
- Own the internal customer management tools and share the progress with the Growth team;
- Suggest actions to improve sales performance and identify opportunities for growth;
- Understand our customer’s needs to help them achieve their business goals through TrueLayer;
- Effectively and strategically address customer concerns and issues; escalate as needed;
- Be the voice of our customers and engage with the Product team to drive improvements that enhance the customer experience and ultimately drive TrueLayer’s bottom line;
- Help scale the business through “out of the box” thinking and exceptional execution.
What we need from you:
- 3+ years of sales/account management experience.
- Be able to understand TrueLayer APIs and interact with highly technical customers.
- Be feedback-driven with a positive attitude and ability to listen.
- Have superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Have genuine curiosity about people and their businesses.
- Have an enthusiastic “roll up your sleeves” mentality.
- Work well under pressure in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
Nice to have:
- Previous experience working in Financial Services or Payments; ideally in another international market as well as the United Kingdom;
- Professional fluency in French or German;
- An MBA, or other postgraduate Business, Finance or Management degree.
What you can expect from us:
As well as working alongside other friendly, passionate and talented people, you’ll also get:
- Competitive salary (+ bonus) and meaningful equity in the company
- A lovely, spacious, natural light filled office in Clerkenwell 🏢
- 🥗🍝Team lunches on Friday 🍕🍔
- Flexible work and hours - we all work at home, or elsewhere, from time to time ⌛
- Flexible holiday policy ✈️
- Generous parental leave 👩👩👦
- An employer sponsored pension 👴🏾
- Vitality Health Insurance from day 1⚕️
- Learning & development allowance 📚
- Annual retreat 🏖️
- Regular socials 💃🏽
- Choice of hardware 💻
- (and yes we have a ping pong table 🏓)
Be your True(Layer) self at work
At TrueLayer, we choose to talk about Inclusion and Diversity [in that specific order] because we believe Diversity won’t be successful without Inclusion first.
We value our people. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. And we feel comfortable voicing a contrary opinion. We build teams, cultivate leaders and create a company that’s the right fit for every person in it.
As we go global, we want our team to reflect the diverse and multicultural world we live in.
We look forward to hearing from you!