Security Engineer at TrueLayer
TrueLayer’s DevSecOps function are at the foundation of our product. By building, maintaining and monitoring our infrastructure, as well as championing best DevOps and Security practices across the business, they empower both their colleagues and our clients, and ensure the availability, stability and security of our API platforms.
We’re looking for an ambitious Security Engineer to ensure the integrity of our deployment pipelines and overall platform. They will be the authority on automation of security controls, as well as identifying, minimising and remediating vulnerabilities in our infrastructure and application stack.
We’ll give our Security Engineer the chance to work with colleagues hailing from leading international tech companies and consultancies. They will quickly be given hands-on exposure to the latest technologies and practices and entrusted with crucial responsibilities, and will play a key part in our ambitious international expansion.
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we build universal APIs that allow companies to access the financial data of their customers and facilitate direct bank payments, securely, reliably and efficiently.
Headquartered in London, we’re a small team of talented, creative problem-solvers who are working hard to build the most innovative financial technology possible. To date, we’ve raised $47M from investors like Tencent, Temasek, Northzone, Anthemis, and Connect Ventures.
Our long term vision is to power the next era of financial innovation, and our short term mission is to grow the Open Banking economy.
And, we’re just getting started.
What you will do:
- Improve and drive monitoring of our AWS and Kubernetes Infrastructure;
- Safeguard our AWS and Kubernetes infrastructure and CI/CD pipelines, and ensure our applications are consistently built with security in mind;
- Threat model our solutions with Software Engineers
- Work closely with Compliance Operations to ensure any technical control requirements are in place and functional;
- Work closely with stakeholders across the business to drive the adoption of security best practices;
- Help co-ordinate and plan third-party security assessments;
- Implement frameworks to identify and remediate security vulnerabilities with efficiency and thoroughness;
We’re looking for people who:
- Are thoroughly proficient with at least one scripting language, and one object-oriented programming language;
- Have demonstrable experience working with AWS, Docker;
- Can show a good understanding of the common vulnerabilities affecting modern environments;
- Are self-starters, and can tackle critical projects with minimal supervision;
- Can demonstrate exceptional communication skills, with a talent for conveying highly technical security concepts to colleagues of technical and non-technical backgrounds;
- Thrive in environments where big-picture thinking is coupled with consistent execution;
- Are thoroughly passionate about championing security best practices in a fast-growing, ambitious startup.
Nice to have:
- Hands-on exposure to Kubernetes, in a professional environment or a personal project;
- Specific experience working in a highly regulated industry - ideally banking, FinTech or insurance - better still if you’ve worked with APIs;
- Previous experience in a high-growth startup;
What you need to send to us:
- GitHub/LinkedIn (if available);
- What do you think would be the biggest differences between a security engineer role at TrueLayer, compared to legacy/enterprise/consultancy companies?
What you can expect from us:
As well as working alongside other friendly, passionate and talented people, you’ll also get:
- Competitive salary (+ bonus) and meaningful equity in the company
- A lovely, spacious, natural light filled office in Clerkenwell 🏢
- 🥗🍝Team lunches on Friday 🍕🍔
- Flexible work and hours - we all work at home, or elsewhere, from time to time ⌛
- Flexible holiday policy ✈️
- Generous parental leave 👩👩👦
- An employer sponsored pension 👴🏾
- Vitality Health Insurance from day 1⚕️
- Learning & development allowance 📚
- Annual retreat 🏖️
- Regular socials 💃🏽
- Choice of hardware 💻
- (and yes we have a ping pong table 🏓)
Be your True(Layer) self at work
At TrueLayer, we choose to talk about Inclusion and Diversity [in that specific order] because we believe Diversity won’t be successful without Inclusion first.
We value our people. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. And we feel comfortable voicing a contrary opinion. We build teams, cultivate leaders and create a company that’s the right fit for every person in it.
As we go global, we want our team to reflect the diverse and multicultural world we live in.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note - we do not accept applications from recruitment agencies. Thanks!