Senior Backend Engineer
TrueLayer’s Backend Engineers are the backbone of our products. We count on our backend engineering team to build API platforms that developers love using to connect their applications to banking infrastructure. They deliver pioneering products that are fixing the fragmented complexity of financial infrastructure, helping thousands of developers build products serving hundreds of thousands of users.
In the midst of scaling up of our Engineering function, we’re now looking for experienced Senior Backend Engineers. If you’re passionate about solving complex problems at scale with exceptional engineering quality, we’d love for you to join us in our journey to move financial technology forward.
We’ll give you the chance to quickly gain familiarity with a range of exciting technologies, empower you to deliver key features, and expect you to mentor some of the most talented young engineers in the industry. A Senior Backend Engineer at TrueLayer is driven by quality and empathy, and sets the bar for others to aim to.
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we build universal APIs that allow companies to access the financial data of their customers and facilitate direct bank payments, securely, reliably and efficiently.
Headquartered in London, we’re a small team of talented, creative problem-solvers who are working hard to build the most innovative financial technology possible. To date, we’ve raised $47M from investors like Tencent, Temasek, Northzone, Anthemis, and Connect Ventures.
Our long term vision is to power the next era of financial innovation, and our short term mission is to grow the Open Banking economy.
And, we’re just getting started.
As one of our Senior Backend Engineers, you will:
- Design, build and maintain TrueLayer’s APIs, as well as their associated services and systems;
- Own new product features, from breaking down requirements to planning tasks for you and your team, and shipping to production rapidly and regularly;
- Lead code reviews and provide guidance to junior engineers to maximise their potential and growth;
- Help us shape the future of bank payments globally;
- Build payments products that will go beyond simple bank transfers, enabling smart programmable money;
- Help us scale and secure an unified payment infrastructure across regions and countries;
- Contribute to our culture, and help make sure TrueLayer remains an exceptional place to work.
What we need from you:
- Proven experience with at least one Object-Oriented Programming language;
- Understanding of SOLID, and other common design patterns;
- Familiarity with at least one web framework;
- Understanding of HTTP and experience designing HTTP APIs;
- A solid grasp of SQL;
- Familiarity with testing best practices- TDD, Unit Testing and Integration Testing, etc. ;
Nice to haves:
- Specific experience with C#, especially .NET Core;
- DDD and Event Sourcing experience;
- Understanding of Protocol Buffers and gRPC;
- Experience with message queue systems;
- Understanding of OAuth2 and OIDC;
- Experience with mission-critical systems.
What you can expect from us:
As well as working alongside other friendly, passionate and talented people, you’ll also get:
- Competitive salary (+ bonus) and meaningful equity in the company
- A lovely, spacious, natural light filled office in Clerkenwell 🏢
- 🥗🍝Team lunches on Friday 🍕🍔
- Flexible work and hours - we all work at home, or elsewhere, from time to time ⌛
- Flexible holiday policy ✈️
- Generous parental leave 👩👩👦
- An employer sponsored pension 👴🏾
- Vitality Health Insurance from day 1⚕️
- Learning & development allowance 📚
- Annual retreat 🏖️
- Regular socials 💃🏽
- Choice of hardware 💻
- (and yes we have a ping pong table 🏓)
Be your True(Layer) self at work
At TrueLayer, we choose to talk about Inclusion and Diversity [in that specific order] because we believe Diversity won’t be successful without Inclusion first.
We value our people. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. And we feel comfortable voicing a contrary opinion. We build teams, cultivate leaders and create a company that’s the right fit for every person in it.
As we go global, we want our team to reflect the diverse and multicultural world we live in.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note - we do not accept applications from recruitment agencies. Thanks!