Senior Software Engineer - Core Systems
Senior Software Engineer - Core Systems at TrueLayer
TrueLayer’s Core Systems team is the foundation of our engineering function. They build flexible, scalable systems and services that power our entire product offering. Based on our cloud-based microservices infrastructure, Core Systems is the magic behind the curtain of our API platform.
We’re looking for visionary, experienced software engineers to shape the new generation of Core Systems as TrueLayer approaches a crucial moment in our company’s story - international expansion. Our platform must be ready to adapt to several millions of unique requests day in, day out.
We’ll give our Core Systems Engineers real responsibility and complete freedom to design and implement the next iteration of our Core Systems. This is a greenfield development-heavy team where experience and leadership goes hand-in-hand with modern development best practices. They will be a central part of our strategy to achieving true technical and engineering scale.
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we build universal APIs that allow companies to access the financial data of their customers and facilitate direct bank payments, securely, reliably and efficiently.
Headquartered in London, we’re a small team of talented, creative problem-solvers who are working hard to build the most innovative financial technology possible. To date, we’ve raised $47M from investors like Tencent, Temasek, Northzone, Anthemis, and Connect Ventures.
Our long term vision is to power the next era of financial innovation, and our short term mission is to grow the Open Banking economy.
And, we’re just getting started.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will:
- Own, operate, build and maintain TrueLayer’s shared, cross cutting, systems;
- Own new products and features, from breaking down requirements, to getting stuck into the actual engineering;
- Lead code reviews and provide guidance for other engineers to maximise their potential;
- Collaborate on the product roadmap with internal and external customers alike;
- Contribute to our culture and help to make TrueLayer a exceptional workplace.
We’re looking for people who:
- 5+ years of experience in a production environment solving complex problems at scale;
- Extensive experience designing and/or implementing a message queue system;
- Have a mastery of C#, Java or another mature OO language;
- Have a deep understanding of OAuth2 or other authentication protocols;
- Have experience leading collaborative engineering teams with the ability to motivate others;
- Use data and tools to test hypothesis, throwing away their assumptions when necessary;
- Are able to empathise with users and developers alike, and elevate their voice in internal decision making, helping us build a user-centric culture;
- Are comfortable dealing with a lot of moving pieces with the ability to prioritise;
- Have a hacker mentality: you are perfectly capable of understanding cryptography and fixing the coffee machine at the same time;
- Enjoy being part of a small team and are actively thinking of ways to enhance our processes, our internal tools, and the way we work.
Nice to haves:
- Systems level programming with C, Rust, Go and friends
- Startup experience during a hyper-growth phase;
- Experience with AWS, Kubernetes and Docker;
- CI/CD pipeline design;
- Experience with Logging, Monitoring and Alerting systems such as Kibana, Prometheus and Grafana.
What you need to send to us:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile and/or GitHub profile;
- A summary of your proudest engineering accomplishment.
What you can expect from us:
As well as working alongside other friendly, passionate and talented people, you’ll also get:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company
- A lovely, spacious, natural light filled office in Clerkenwell with fully stocked kitchen and shower 🏢
- 🥗🍝Team lunches on Friday 🍕🍔
- Flexible work and hours - we all work at home, or elsewhere, from time to time ⌛
- Flexible holiday policy ✈️
- Generous parental leave 👩👩👦
- An employer sponsored pension 👴🏾
- Vitality Health Insurance from day 1⚕️
- Learning & development allowance 📚
- Annual retreat 🏖️
- Regular socials 💃🏽
- Choice of hardware 💻
- (and yes we have a ping pong table 🏓)
Be your TrueLayer self at work
At TrueLayer, we choose to talk about Inclusion and Diversity [in that specific order] because we believe Diversity won’t be successful without Inclusion first.
We value our people. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. And we feel comfortable voicing a contrary opinion. We build teams, cultivate leaders and create a company that’s the right fit for every person in it.
As we go global, we want our team to reflect the diverse and multicultural world we live in.
We look forward to hearing from you!
(Please note, we don’t accept applications from recruitment agencies. Thank you!)