DevOps Engineer at TrueLayer
TrueLayer’s DevOps function are at the foundation of our product. By building, maintaining and monitoring our infrastructure, as well as championing best DevOps practices across the business, they use automation to empower their colleagues to rapidly ship code to production, and build stable API platforms which are powering the new era of financial innovation.
We’re looking for a visionary, well-rounded DevOps Engineer who sees the big picture of where financial technology is headed. A DevOps Engineer at TrueLayer loves solving infrastructure problems with exceptionally high engineering quality.
Our DevOps Engineer will work with colleagues hailing from leading international tech companies and consultancies. They will fast be given hands-on exposure to the latest technologies and practices including Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus and more. They’ll be joining, and empowering, a world-class engineering team delivering products that are driving innovation in a fast-changing industry.
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we build universal APIs that allow companies to access the financial data of their customers, securely, reliably and efficiently.
Headquartered in London, we’re a small team of talented, creative problem-solvers who are working hard to build the most innovative financial technology possible. To date, we’ve raised $47M from investors like Tencent, Temasek, Northzone, Anthemis, and Connect Ventures.
Our long term vision is to power the next era of financial innovation, and our short term mission is to grow the Open Banking economy.
And, we’re just getting started.
What you will do:
- Take responsibility for business-critical infrastructure e.g. managing upgrades, scheduling migrations etc. ;
- Improve and drive monitoring of our AWS and Kubernetes infrastructure;
- Ensure we meet our availability SLAs so that our clients (and their customers) continue to enjoy a secure, reliable and trustworthy platform;
- Work closely with our Security team to maintain, and further, our industry-leading security standards;
- Develop processes and best practice for product engineers to autonomously develop, iterate and deploy to production.
We’re looking for people who:
- Have solid experience with infrastructure as code;
- Experience with orchestration systems like Kubernetes;
- Have demonstrable experience using Terraform to provision infrastructure;
- Have demonstrable experience with at least 1 managed cloud platform (AWS, GCP, Azure, DigitalOcean etc.);
- Will take ownership across the team to ensure the availability of our infrastructure - no one should be afraid of breaking things in production ;
- Have good troubleshooting skills;
- Have proficiency with at least one scripting language;
- Love to automate infrastructure wherever possible, using the latest technologies.
Nice to haves:
- Specific experience with high-volume, highly available platforms;
- Prometheus knowledge;
- Experience with globally distributed architectures;
- Good networking knowledge.
What you need to send us:
- Your LinkedIn/GitHub profile, if available;
- Tell us a bit about the infrastructure you're currently managing
What you can expect from us:
As well as working alongside other friendly, passionate and talented people, you’ll also get:
- Competitive salary (+ bonus) and meaningful equity in the company
- A lovely, spacious, natural light filled office in Clerkenwell 🏢
- 🥗🍝Team lunches on Friday 🍕🍔
- Flexible work and hours - we all work at home, or elsewhere, from time to time ⌛
- Flexible holiday policy ✈️
- Generous parental leave 👩👩👦
- An employer sponsored pension 👴🏾
- Vitality Health Insurance from day 1⚕️
- Learning & development allowance 📚
- Annual retreat 🏖️
- Regular socials 💃🏽
- Choice of hardware 💻
- (and yes we have a ping pong table 🏓)
Be your True(Layer) self at work
At TrueLayer, we choose to talk about Inclusion and Diversity [in that specific order] because we believe Diversity won’t be successful without Inclusion first.
We value our people. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. And we feel comfortable voicing a contrary opinion. We build teams, cultivate leaders and create a company that’s the right fit for every person in it.
As we go global, we want our team to reflect the diverse and multicultural world we live in.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note - we do not accept applications from recruitment agencies. Thanks!