TrueLayer’s Legal Operations (LegalOps) team is integral to ensuring legal coverage of all of our commercial and business activities. We want this team to build relationships with functions across the business, and to be the go-to experts on legal matters as TrueLayer and be the go to experts on a range of legal specialisations.
We’re looking for an accomplished and ambitious Legal Counsel (although we call this role Legal Ops internally) who is comfortable in a fast-paced environment and who thrives in complexity. This person will be crucial in our growth as we continue on our journey to push Open Banking and financial technology forward.
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we build universal APIs that allow companies to access the financial data of their customers and facilitate direct bank payments, securely, reliably and efficiently.
Headquartered in London, we’re a small team of talented, creative problem-solvers who are working hard to build the most innovative financial technology possible. To date, we’ve raised $47M from investors like Tencent, Temasek, Northzone, Anthemis, and Connect Ventures.
Our long term vision is to power the next era of financial innovation, and our short term mission is to grow the Open Banking economy.
And, we’re just getting started.
What you will do:
- Work with other teams within TrueLayer including Product, Sales, Marketing, Engineering and Compliance to ensure that we deliver the best legal advice for product development and expansion;
- Provide legal advice on issues relating to product, marketing and intellectual property;
- Ensure that legal best practices are applied across new and existing processes, contracts, and workflows throughout the business;
- Manage and develop relationships with external counsel whenever required;
- Consult, draft and negotiate on a wide range of commercial agreements and maintain templates that comply with company policies and local law;
- Review and advise on contracts, licenses, and other documentation submitted to TrueLayer by our customers and third parties;
- Stay up to date on the latest legal developments, and deliver effective solutions that benefit and protect TrueLayer’s growth;
- Advise on legal issues and risks, complex agreement structures and company policies.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has 6-8+ years PQE, preferably with experience working in-house for a fast paced technology or finance business;
- Has trained at a leading law firm, if you’ve started your career in private practice;
- Has strong corporate and/or commercial law background with proven negotiation skills;
- Is able to work independently, think big, but execute on a granular level;
- Is able to communicate complex matters, in simple terms;
- Can exercise impeccable judgement to further and protect TrueLayer’s business interests.
Nice to haves:
- any previous work in Technology or Financial Services;
- previous experience working with a product launch in a new country.
What you can expect from us:
As well as working alongside other friendly, passionate and talented people, you’ll also get:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company
- A lovely, spacious, natural light filled office in Clerkenwell with fully stocked kitchen and shower 🏢
- 🥗🍝Team lunches on Friday 🍕🍔
- Flexible work and hours - we all work at home, or elsewhere, from time to time ⌛
- Flexible holiday policy ✈️
- Generous parental leave 👩👩👦
- An employer sponsored pension 👴🏾
- Vitality Health Insurance from day 1⚕️
- Learning & development allowance 📚
- Annual retreat 🏖️
- Regular socials 💃🏽
- Choice of hardware 💻
- (and yes we have a ping pong table 🏓)
Be your True(Layer) self at work
At TrueLayer, we choose to talk about Inclusion and Diversity [in that specific order] because we believe Diversity won’t be successful without Inclusion first.
We value our people. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. And we feel comfortable voicing a contrary opinion. We build teams, cultivate leaders and create a company that’s the right fit for every person in it.
As we go global, we want our team to reflect the diverse and multicultural world we live in.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note - we do not accept applications from recruitment agencies. Thanks!