Senior Product Manager - Data Platform
The TrueLayer Data API is among our flagship products - it enables our clients to retrieve financial data, with millions of API calls being made on a daily basis.
While our connectivity coverage keeps improving, with more and more countries being supported, we are not sitting still: the next iteration of the Data API is in the making.
The next iteration of the Data API is in the making, and we are looking for a passionate Product Manager to shape the vision for a new family of value-added services and data products.
You will have a key role in defining the product development roadmap, defining priorities and identifying opportunities in the market: working together with Data Platform Engineers and Data Scientists, we expect you to take TrueLayer from strength to strength, raising the bar for the whole financial ecosystem.
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we build universal APIs that allow companies to access the financial data of their customers and facilitate direct bank payments, securely, reliably and efficiently.
Headquartered in London, we’re a small team of talented, creative problem-solvers who are working hard to build the most innovative financial technology possible. To date, we’ve raised $47M from investors like Tencent, Temasek, Northzone, Anthemis, and Connect Ventures.
Our long term vision is to power the next era of financial innovation, and our short term mission is to grow the Open Banking economy.
And, we’re just getting started.
What you will do:
- Manage the Data API product working closely with our Engineering and Product team;
- Define and own Data API feature development strategy, roadmap and KPIs;
- Prioritise the product backlog according to identified strategic priorities;
- Identify opportunities for new value-add services based on customer and competitor intelligence using a quantitative approach;
- Work with Marketing and Sales to ensure that the product proposition is clear and customers are successful in their implementation and use of the product;
- Work in cross-functional teams spanning Engineering, Experience Design, Compliance, Client Success and Business Operations, to prioritise organisational objectives and execute strategically important goals and initiatives;
- Work with exceptionally talented and motivated global peers to shape our products and features.
We’re looking for people who:
- Have over 5 years of product management experience in a Product-first company;
- Experience managing a digital product used by a technical user base - this could include APIs, SaaS, PaaS;
- Are passionate about our customers’ success; everything you do, you do it to create a platform that our clients love to use;
- You thrive in prioritisation under uncertainty and have the ability to win consensus for your ideas amongst your stakeholders;
- Would consider themselves a “people-person” - equally comfortable gathering client feedback, presenting your ideas to engineers or reporting your KPIs back to the product team - communication is key;
- Enjoy working in a cross-functional team with people from all over the world. Our ambitions are global, and so is the exceptional team we’ve built.
Nice to haves:
- Specific experience working with a financial product;
- Introduced a new product or major feature to the marketplace;
- Experience working in a technical role - maybe as a Technical Product Manager, or even as an Engineer/Data Scientist;
- Start-up experience.
As well as working alongside other friendly, passionate and talented people, you’ll also get:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company 💸
- A lovely, spacious, natural light filled office in Clerkenwell with fully stocked kitchen and shower 🏢
- 🥗🍝Team lunches on Friday 🍕🍔
- Flexible work and hours - we all work at home, or elsewhere, from time to time ⌛
- Flexible holiday policy ✈️
- Generous parental leave 👩👩👦
- An employer sponsored pension 👴🏾
- Vitality Health Insurance from day 1⚕️
- Learning & development allowance 📚
- Annual retreat 🏖️
- Regular socials 💃🏽
- Choice of hardware 💻
- (and yes we have a ping pong table 🏓)
Be your TrueLayer self at work
At TrueLayer, we choose to talk about Inclusion and Diversity [in that specific order] because we believe Diversity won’t be successful without Inclusion first.
We value our people. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. And we feel comfortable voicing a contrary opinion. We build teams, cultivate leaders and create a company that’s the right fit for every person in it.
As we go global, we want our team to reflect the diverse and multicultural world we live in.
We look forward to hearing from you!
(Please note, we don’t accept applications from recruitment agencies. Thank you!)