Machine Learning Engineer
Machine Learning Engineer at TrueLayer
TrueLayer’s Data Platform team is the backbone of our Data API product, which enables our clients to retrieve financial data, with millions of API calls being made on a daily basis.
While raw data is precious, a lot of interesting use cases (identity verification, credit scoring, rent verification, etc.) would greatly benefit from consuming a more refined and enriched source of data. Tackling this challenge is the next step in our quest to empower the new era of financial innovation. We’re looking for a passionate Machine Learning Engineer to shape the vision for a new family of ML products, taking them from inception to release.
A Machine Learning Engineer at TrueLayer is quickly given the opportunity to work on a spectrum of ML challenges including Natural Language Processing, a well as establishing the processes, technologies and workflows. They will be a key stakeholder in how we bolster our technology with the power of machine learning.
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we build universal APIs that allow companies to access the financial data of their customers and facilitate direct bank payments, securely, reliably and efficiently.
Headquartered in London, we’re a small team of talented, creative problem-solvers who are working hard to build the most innovative financial technology possible. To date, we’ve raised $47M from investors like Tencent, Temasek, Northzone, Anthemis, and Connect Ventures.
Our long term vision is to power the next era of financial innovation, and our short term mission is to grow the Open Banking economy.
And, we’re just getting started.
As one of our Machine Learning Engineers, you will:
- Help design, build and maintain TrueLayer’s ML-enabled APIs, delivering features that impact hundreds of thousands of users;
- Work closely with Data Scientists and Software Engineers to prototype, deploy, maintain and monitor our predictive models;
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources;
- Ship rapidly and regularly to production - we don’t wait around - when it’s ready, we ship it;
- Optimise our engineering processes and ultimately, our products;
- Help build a world-class engineering team, while contributing to the company’s culture, making TrueLayer an exceptional place to work.
We’re looking for people who:
- Have 1+ years of experience building Machine Learning models/products;
- Familiarity with the most common supervised/unsupervised ML algorithms;
- Have knowledge and proficiency in at least one major programming language;
- Communicate effectively - you can speak in appropriate technical depth, back up your assertions with data, and you love proposing actionable solutions;
- Be curious - you can’t resist looking under the hood to understand how the tools and the algorithms you use actually work;
- Are thoroughly passionate about the products you build, and driven by empathy for the customer - you wouldn’t ship something that you wouldn’t use yourself;
- Would be excited to work in an engineering team that collaborates, shares knowledge and empowers each other to succeed.
Nice to haves:
- Exposure to Deep Learning techniques for NLP (no framework preference);
- Experience running real-time ML workloads in a production environment with live users;
- Experience writing performance-critical ML code (C/C++/Cython/Rust).
What you can expect from us:
As well as working alongside other friendly, passionate and talented people, you’ll also get:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company
- A lovely, spacious, natural light filled office in Clerkenwell with fully stocked kitchen and shower 🏢
- 🥗🍝Team lunches on Friday 🍕🍔
- Flexible work and hours - we all work at home, or elsewhere, from time to time ⌛
- Flexible holiday policy ✈️
- Generous parental leave 👩👩👦
- An employer sponsored pension 👴🏾
- Vitality Health Insurance from day 1⚕️
- Learning & development allowance 📚
- Annual retreat 🏖️
- Regular socials 💃🏽
- Choice of hardware 💻
- (and yes we have a ping pong table 🏓)
Be your TrueLayer self at work
At TrueLayer, we choose to talk about Inclusion and Diversity [in that specific order] because we believe Diversity won’t be successful without Inclusion first.
We value our people. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. And we feel comfortable voicing a contrary opinion. We build teams, cultivate leaders and create a company that’s the right fit for every person in it.
As we go global, we want our team to reflect the diverse and multicultural world we live in.
We look forward to hearing from you!
(Please note, we don’t accept applications from recruitment agencies. Thank you!)