Full Stack Engineer
Full Stack Engineer at TrueLayer
TrueLayer’s Leverage team is a key component of our success. They identify, develop and deliver tools and POCs that empower TrueLayer to scale, and to de-risk the execution of new products. Not only do they enhance the productivity of the toughest customers of all (ourselves!) - but they are a key part of the way we de-risk and ship new user-facing products.
We're looking for Full Stack Engineers who are comfortable with rapid prototyping, without compromising on quality and maintaining attention to details. Working to the same high standards used across TrueLayer’s Engineering team, you need to be comfortable to learn new technologies and challenge how things are done.
In return, we’ll give our Leverage engineers a full remit to use the latest technologies, ship to production autonomously and be at the heart of decision-making around tools, processes and new products that will go on to power the new era of financial innovation.
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we build universal APIs that allow companies to access the financial data of their customers and facilitate direct bank payments, securely, reliably, and efficiently.
Headquartered in London, we're a small team of talented, creative problem-solvers who are working hard to build the most innovative financial technology possible. To date, we've raised $47M from investors like Tencent, Temasek, Northzone, Anthemis, and Connect Ventures.
Our long term vision is to power the next era of financial innovation, and our short term mission is to grow the Open Banking economy.
And, we're just getting started.
What you will do:
- Help design, build and maintain our Internal Tools;
- Deliver features that helps our engineers & operations teams to work more efficiently;
- Optimise our internal workflows and processes - you never stop looking for opportunities to fine-tune and iterate;
- Write clean, well-tested code in line with modern development best practices;
- Explore new POCs (proof-of-concept) and de-risk the execution of them.
We’re looking for Full Stack Engineers who:
- Have 1+ year of experience as a developer;
- Have knowledge and proficiency in at least one Object Oriented Programming Language - we would expect you to be working with any combination of C#, TypeScript, Golang, Python;
- Have some experience with Front End development - or a determination to learn (We use ReactJS);
- Communicate effectively - you can speak in appropriate technical depth, back up your assertions with data, and you love proposing actionable solutions;
- Are thoroughly passionate about the products they build, and driven by empathy for good products - you wouldn't ship something that you wouldn't use yourself;
- Have a hacker mentality - you love building tools to automate manual processes, and are always thinking of new ways to address common problems;
- Would be excited to work in a product team that collaborates, shares knowledge and empowers each other to succeed.
Nice to haves:
- You have exposure to Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, ElasticSearch, Redis and other new technologies- and if not - you're keen to start working with them;
- You have startup experience during a hyper-growth phase.
What you need to send to us:
- A link to your LinkedIn and/or GitHub profile;
- Describe an internal tool, or personal project that you’ve built to enhance your own productivity?
What you can expect from us:
As well as working alongside other friendly, passionate and talented people, you’ll also get:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company
- A lovely, spacious, natural light filled office in Clerkenwell with fully stocked kitchen and shower 🏢
- 🥗🍝Team lunches on Friday 🍕🍔
- Flexible work and hours - we all work at home, or elsewhere, from time to time ⌛
- Flexible holiday policy ✈️
- Generous parental leave 👩👩👦
- An employer sponsored pension 👴🏾
- Vitality Health Insurance from day 1⚕️
- Learning & development allowance 📚
- Annual retreat 🏖️
- Regular socials 💃🏽
- Choice of hardware 💻
- (and yes we have a ping pong table 🏓)
Be your TrueLayer self at work
At TrueLayer, we choose to talk about Inclusion and Diversity [in that specific order] because we believe Diversity won’t be successful without Inclusion first.
We value our people. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. And we feel comfortable voicing a contrary opinion. We build teams, cultivate leaders and create a company that’s the right fit for every person in it.
As we go global, we want our team to reflect the diverse and multicultural world we live in.
We look forward to hearing from you!
(Please note, we don’t accept applications from recruitment agencies. Thank you!)