Senior Product Manager
TrueLayer’s Product team helps to build innovative products and functionalities for the success of our customers. We count on our product team to collaborate with our engineering, design, sales, growth and support functions to build world class products that can re-define how applications access bank infrastructure.
We’re looking for an ambitious Senior Product Manager who sees the big picture of where financial technology is headed. A Senior Product Manager at TrueLayer must be able to thrive in complexity, be decisive in uncertainty and be obsessed with the smallest of the details.
We want our Senior Product Managers to be passionate about solving problems with exceptionally high analytical quality, as we continue in our journey to push financial technology forward.
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we build universal APIs that allow companies to access the financial data of their customers and facilitate direct bank payments, securely, reliably and efficiently.
Headquartered in London, we’re a small team of talented, creative problem-solvers who are working hard to build the most innovative financial technology possible. To date, we’ve raised $47M from investors like Tencent, Temasek, Northzone, Anthemis, and Connect Ventures.
Our long term vision is to power the next era of financial innovation, and our short term mission is to grow the Open Banking economy.
And, we’re just getting started.
What you will do:
- Working closely with the CEO and our Product team, own data connectivity and value-added services on top of our Bank / Financial Institution integrations, as well as manage and optimise existing connections;
- Prioritising the product backlog, and assessing technical and business considerations of financial institution integrations to take strategic decisions on the product roadmap;
- Collect feedback from internal and external stakeholders to advocate for new features that will help us build the best products for our clients;
- Work in cross-functional teams spanning Engineering, Experience Design, Compliance, Client Success and Business Operations, to prioritise organisational objectives and execute strategically important goals and initiatives;
- Identify opportunities and advocate for new features, with first principle and quantitative approaches;
- Work with other exceptionally talented and motivated global peers to shape our products and features.
We’re looking for people who:
- Have between 5-10 years of product management experience in a Product-first, B2B company;
- Are familiar working with a digital product used by a technical user base - this could include APIs, SaaS, PaaS;
- Have considerable experience working with a product integrated with multiple endpoints - e.g., communications APIs, financial data APIs.
- Can act on data without relying on the complete picture to be built for them; prioritisation is your strength, and you have the ability to win consensus for your ideas amongst your stakeholders;
- Can strike the perfect balance between strategic visionary and tactical operator;
- Are customer-focused; everything you do, you do it to create a platform that our clients love to use;
- Would consider themselves a “people-person” - equally comfortable gathering user feedback, presenting your ideas to engineers or reporting your KPIs back to your product team - communication is key;
- Enjoy working in cross-functional people from all over the world. Our ambitions are global, and so is the exceptional team we’ve built.
Nice to haves:
- Specific experience working with a financial product;
- Experience working in a technical role - maybe as a Technical Product Manager, or even ex-developers;
- Start-up experience
What you can expect from us:
As well as working alongside other friendly, passionate and talented people, you’ll also get:
- Competitive salary (+ bonus) and meaningful equity in the company
- A lovely, spacious, natural light filled office in Clerkenwell 🏢
- 🥗🍝Team lunches on Friday 🍕🍔
- Flexible work and hours - we all work at home, or elsewhere, from time to time ⌛
- Flexible holiday policy ✈️
- Generous parental leave 👩👩👦
- An employer sponsored pension 👴🏾
- Vitality Health Insurance from day 1⚕️
- Learning & development allowance 📚
- Annual retreat 🏖️
- Regular socials 💃🏽
- Choice of hardware 💻
- (and yes we have a ping pong table 🏓)
Be your True(Layer) self at work
At TrueLayer, we choose to talk about Inclusion and Diversity [in that specific order] because we believe Diversity won’t be successful without Inclusion first.
We value our people. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. And we feel comfortable voicing a contrary opinion. We build teams, cultivate leaders and create a company that’s the right fit for every person in it.
As we go global, we want our team to reflect the diverse and multicultural world we live in.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note - we do not accept applications from recruitment agencies. Thanks!