Front End Engineer
TrueLayer's Front End Engineer will build TrueLayers’ client and public-facing products. From our Data API and Payments API dialogs, to our developer console and our demo applications, you’ll be working in the Experience Design team to ensure we continue building interfaces that our customers love to use.
We’re looking for a curious and innovative Front End Engineer who loves using the latest technologies to solve complex, real-world problems. If you get a buzz from creating solidly-coded, elegant front end product which delights users and contributes to uptake and growth of a disruptive product, we want to hear from you!
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we build universal APIs that allow companies to access the financial data of their customers and facilitate direct bank payments, securely, reliably and efficiently.
Headquartered in London, we’re a small team of talented, creative problem-solvers who are working hard to build the most innovative financial technology possible. To date, we’ve raised $47M from investors like Tencent, Temasek, Northzone, Anthemis, and Connect Ventures.
Our long term vision is to power the next era of financial innovation, and our short term mission is to grow the Open Banking economy.
And, we’re just getting started.
What you will do:
- Develop new user-facing features using ReactJS, HTML/CSS;
- Transform graphic mock-ups into beautifully coded Front End product;
- Work in close collaboration with other product engineering teams;
- Collaborating in weekly sprints to build new user stories, test new prototypes and features, and continuously ensuring a best-in-class experience for clients testing and integrating TrueLayer’s APIs;
- Ensure all of our front-end features are covered with unit and integration tests;
- Actively participate in sprint planning, standups and retrospectives;
- Tackle complex user experience problems with a proactive, solutions-driven mindset. You will always be thinking about ways to improve the efficiency of our product offering and development process;
- Stay current on trends and technologies related to desktop and mobile applications;
- Provide guidance and advice on engineering architecture to the existing Experience Design team;
- Take ownership of engineering decisions, and implementing best practices and processes to build scalable products.
We’re looking for people who:
- Have demonstrable proficiency with ReactJS and its core principles, ideally 3 or more years of hands-on experience;
- Have a strong understanding of web markup, including HTML5/CSS3;
- Have experience with styled-components;
- Are skilled in Bootstrap3/Bootstrap4 and have experience in CSS animations;
- Can use data and tools to test your hypothesis, throwing away assumptions when necessary;
- Are able to empathise with users and developers alike, and elevate their voice in internal decision making, helping us build a user-centric culture;
- Are familiar with modern web services and APIs, and love learning about technical solutions;
- Are comfortable dealing with a lot of moving pieces, and can master the ability to prioritise demands;
- Are willing to take ownership over new features and ship with minimal support;
- Have a hacker mentality: you are perfectly capable of understanding cryptography and fixing the coffee machine at the same time;
- Enjoy being part of a small team and are actively thinking of ways to enhance our processes, our internal tools, and the way we work;
- Are always hungry to learn.
Nice to have
- Some proficiency with backend engineering, preferably in .NET Core and/or NodeJS;
- Exposure to Docker and other new technologies;
- Previous experience at a high-growth startup;
- Experience with SASS or LESS;
- Experience with Redux and ImmutableJS;
What you can expect from us:
As well as working alongside other friendly, passionate and talented people, you’ll also get:
- Competitive salary (+ bonus) and meaningful equity in the company
- A lovely, spacious, natural light filled office in Clerkenwell 🏢
- 🥗🍝Team lunches on Friday 🍕🍔
- Flexible work and hours - we all work at home, or elsewhere, from time to time ⌛
- Flexible holiday policy ✈️
- Generous parental leave 👩👩👦
- An employer sponsored pension 👴🏾
- Vitality Health Insurance from day 1⚕️
- Learning & development allowance 📚
- Annual retreat 🏖️
- Regular socials 💃🏽
- Choice of hardware 💻
- (and yes we have a ping pong table 🏓)
Be your True(Layer) self at work
At TrueLayer, we choose to talk about Inclusion and Diversity [in that specific order] because we believe Diversity won’t be successful without Inclusion first.
We value our people. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. And we feel comfortable voicing a contrary opinion. We build teams, cultivate leaders and create a company that’s the right fit for every person in it.
As we go global, we want our team to reflect the diverse and multicultural world we live in.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note - we do not accept applications from recruitment agencies. Thanks!