Compliance Operations at TrueLayer
TrueLayer’s Compliance Ops team are the integral to ensuring we implement a robust governance structure. We count on our Compliance Operations team to assist our compliance, regulatory and legal teams to ensure adherence to those obligations.
We’re looking for ambitious individuals who see the big picture of where financial technology is headed and how regulation aids that innovation. We want our Compliance Ops team to be passionate about our evolving jurisdictional and international compliance reach, as we continue in our journey to push financial technology forward.
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we build universal APIs that allow companies to access the financial data of their customers, securely, reliably and efficiently.
Headquartered in London, we’re a small team of talented, creative problem-solvers who are working hard to build the most innovative financial technology possible. To date, we’ve raised $12.5m from investors like Northzone, Anthemis and Connect Ventures.
Our long term vision is to power the next era of financial innovation, and our short term mission is to grow the Open Banking economy.
And, we’re just getting started.
What you will do:
- The Compliance Operations team at TrueLayer provides project, administrative and logistical support necessary for the implementation of our regulatory requirements, safeguarding and other compliance work.
- You will play a key role in liaising with all of our internal teams in order to support product development within the regulatory framework in which we operate.
- You will keep up to date with, and understand, relevant laws and regulations.
- You will interpret and disseminate information about regulatory changes and adapt procedures, documents and compliance tools to accommodate these rule changes.
- You will perform regular compliance checks ensuring procedures are complied with.
- You will perform risk assessments to understand risk level, significance and scope.
- You will investigate irregularities and non-compliance issues and ensure that your findings are recorded and followed up with the Chief Compliance Officer so that issues can be rectified.
- You will educate employees on not only the regulations, but also the impact on the organisation if these aren't complied with.
- You will contribute to robust and effective compliance controls within the organisation.
- You will collaborate with other teams to create a culture of compliance.
We’re looking for people who:
- Have a 4+ years experience in a Compliance based role, either in-house or in private practice.
- Have knowledge of working with regulation and application of this to the industry in which they have worked (preferably regulation by the FCA).
- Have a natural interest in Compliance.
- Have experience of reporting and regulatory responsibilities.
- Show initiative, enthusiasm and a problem-solving approach to new challenges.
- Have experience of developing compliance processes and structures.
- Are able to explain, advocate and express facts and ideas in a convincing manner, and negotiate with individuals and groups internally and externally.
- Have experience remotely supporting partners on the successful joint delivery of work.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have a strong commitment to and experience of team and cross-organisational working.
- Have strong organisational skills including planning, developing, implementing and maintaining administrative systems.
- Have demonstrated the ability to make good decisions about what should be done given a specific situation.
- Think carefully before taking action and behave appropriately for the circumstances, yet have an ability to analyse and interpret information quickly.
Nice to haves:
- Experience in technology or financial services, working in a similar role.
- Experience of KYC and working in payments regulation.
- Comfortable interacting with senior leaders, regulators and stakeholders.
- Some in-house experience.
- Knowledge of Open Banking, PSD2, PSR2017, EMR 2011, RTS-SCA.
What you need to send to us:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile.
- A paragraph or two about one of your more demanding work projects.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note, we don’t accept applications from recruitment agencies. Thank you!